Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Cleaning out the Closet(s)

It took some time to motivate myself to clean out a closet today. I say 'a' because there is more than one that need some work. By the time my husband was home from work, I'd only succeeded in making a 'maybe get rid of pile' and an 'i love this stuff pile'. It really was just a huge mess...and still is. He decided to try to help me tackle my shoes instead of clothes. It took 2 hours and lots of bargaining and whining on my part, but my shoes are more organized and I have a mountain to give away. My husband was amazed at the number of sandals I had and said I could only keep 10!
I still have lots of work to do, but it's a start at least. Today I read numerous articles about how much stuff is enough stuff, and why we feel the need to buy. What do you think?

Here are some pictures I took throughout the day to distract myself from the task at hand...

I did get some laundry done!

No comments: