Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Downtown Art/Farmers Market

This morning, one of the local shops that I just started following (Dirty Deeds Soaps) posted on facebook that they would not be at the Downtown Art Market today. Art Market, today?! I don't have work until 2, so I woke up the husband and we headed down to check it out. 


There were tents set up out in front of Tornado Gallery on Buddy Holly Avenue, where tons of local farmers were selling their fresh and organic produce. The cantaloupe smelled amazing, and I really wanted to try some of the raw honey and different apple preserves.

There were also local artists booths set up. It was a mixture of jewelry and art. I would like to get to the point of joining them someday. :)


This is my cute husband, squinting into the sun. Behind him is where lots of fun food stuffs were set up to try. I really wanted to try Crusty's pizza, but wasn't super hungry. I did grab an iced caramel latte from Courier Coffee. It was super yummy, and the guys making it were super nice! Next time I plan to buy some whole bean!


Me squinting into the sun with my coffee.


Coffee and a bump.

It was super hot out and we headed back to the car and took some silly photos of our shadows along the way...



We parked near this prairie dog rescue truck.
The dashboard had lots of cute prairie dog figures hanging out.

I can't wait to go to the next downtown art and farmer's market! I can tell this will be one of my favorite things to do. 

Do you frequent your local farmer's market? What is your favorite part? I can't wait for pumpkins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet write-up! Everyone down there, the whole "Tornado Gang", has done this city such a great service. It has been growing ever since it started a few years ago. I support them 110%, and look forward to everything they do. Don't miss "Jesse Fest', next month, out in the garden.

Tornado fan,
Bill
I selected,"Anonymous", because the others didn't work.