Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Taking Flight


This is my Starbucks inspired painting. I did this for me, just for fun! I am trying my hand at some new techniques. The stamp in the center I carved myself a while back. I used scrapbook paper, coffee cozies, glitter glue, acrylic, and charcoal. This mixed media stuff is super fun!

I bought this book by Kelly Rae Roberts. It is super inspiring and there are lots of new techniques to try!

Right now I am waiting on some paint and gesso to dry so I can continue on another painting I am working on. I am recycling some old flat canvases. I think I will try painting on wood again soon, but bigger pieces. I could really use a easel so I can work on my huge cupcake painting! I am still listening to lots of French music, today I threw in the Marie Antoinette soundtrack, and some new Tegan and Sara. Did you know my momma was gonna name me Tegan?! That would have sooo rocked!

What projects are you working on?

2 comments:

Holly Knitlightly said...

I love it! I love mixed media. I wish I could or knew how do to this stuff, ha. I just don't think I would be any good at it. But you are awesome. I love this. And that book looks awesome.

Holly Knitlightly said...

I say awesome too much.