Thursday, September 8, 2011

How To Make A Pumpkin Spice Latte At Home


It's that time of the year where the weather gets cooler, Hobby Lobby puts out Halloween and fall stuff, Bath and Body Works gets yummy smelling candles, and Starbucks brings back the pumpkin spice latte.  If you don't know, I am a coffee addict, and I've already had like 10 pumpkin spice lattes and spent my weekly food allowance for 'mall food'.  Since I'm off today, and it's a pj day, I'm not leaving my house, but I was craving a pumpkin spice latte. Then it came to me....I can make my own! So here is the recipe to make your own pumpkin spice latte super cheap and probably enough fixins to last you the whole season (unless you share, which I don't).

Here's what you need:

Maxwell House International Coffee. I like the hazelnut flavor and the cafe style since it makes it more frothy like a latte.

 Loco Cocoa from Think Geek. You obviously need the Pumpkin Spice Mocha Cocoa. (The other flavors are really good too!)

What you do:

1. Heat water in your coffee mug in the microwave. ( I use a standard mug and it takes 2 minutes. Note: Don't fill your mug to the top with water, you need room to put the coffee in.)

2. After it's heated I put in 2 regular kitchen spoons of instant coffee and 2 of the same of Loco Cocoa.

3. Mix and enjoy!

4. Sometimes if I have it on hand, I put some cool whip and cinnamon on top, just to be fancy. 

Side Note: I like my coffee caffeinated which is why I use the loco cocoa (it has 175mg of caffeine).

Let me know if you try it or if you have any other cool fall drink recipes!

2 comments:

Deborah Velásquez said...

Gotta try me some of that. It is my fav this time of year and they only carry it for limited amount of time. Will save money and disappointment going with your recipe.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

makes me want one thanks for sharing because we don't have a starbucks anywhere near us :(

do you just love think geek I think half of Noah's Christmas presents came from there last year