Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On Repeat: Amanda Shires


This is a new series I've decided to start. I am really bad about listening to the same cd on repeat for long periods of time. I thought since music is a huge part of my everyday life, that I would share that on here. Starting this off right is a friend of mine and a member of my husband's band Thrift Store Cowboys, Amanda Shires. This is her third solo cd and she's got rave reviews. She is an amazing fiddle player, songwriter, singer, and jump roper. I have a bad habit of listening to the same 4 songs over and over, this week I've ventured out of my comfort zone and fell in love with Shake the Walls and Bees in the Shed. Here are the first 3 songs on the album that have awesome videos:








You can visit Amanda over on Facebook or her website. You can also see her in the movie Country Strong as Gwyneth Paltrow's fiddle player.

Does anyone else listen to the same cd forever, or is that just me?

1 comment:

Sailor July said...

I totally listen to the same CD/song over and over and over again!!! <3 And I can't wait to listen to Amanda. Fiddle player? Right up my alley!