Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

I saw this over at Lariats and Lavender and thought I would play along.
These are not my puppies. Mine have super crazy hair and wouldn't sit still long enough for a picture like this.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap



3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? A little bit of both. We got some cool vintage-y white bulbs for the outside this year.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? whenever i can make time. working in retail, this is a busy time of the year. but I would love to do it around thanksgiving.



6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I'm not even sure what it would be? probably cookies. does a peppermint mocha from Starbucks count?



7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? We would always beg my mom to let us open one on Christmas Eve, she always said no, but let us anyway. :) My sister and I would also try finding where mom hid the presents....



8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember. I'm just gonna say that Santa is real, and keep it at that.



9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We usually open 1.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It changes every year, but we do buy a special ornament every year.

 11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I think it's cool, until I have to drive in it. We don't get much in Texas, and people kinda freak out and drive all crazy.


12. Can you ice skate? I've only done it once, but every year that's what I want to do for my birthday. Every year we don't get to because it's closed. :(



13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Haha. I like all my gifts. Clint always gets me cute things I never expect, but that I use forever like a Hello Kitty Toaster or my Kitchen Aide mixer, and that one year he got me that equestrian riding helmet haha.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Surviving retail, and getting to spend some time with my family. I usually do Christmas towards the end of the month with my family because of my job.



15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I make these yummy thumbprint cookies with jam in them.



16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Clint and I buy special ornaments, and I make cookies. We like to decorate together too.



17. What tops your tree? A star.



18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like giving. I prefer to make presents, but I always seem to run out of time. I also like wrapping them.



19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yummy and cute! I have a million left over from like 3 years ago. haha



20. Favorite Christmas show? I like the classics like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Frosty the Snowman....the old ones.
 
21. Saddest Christmas Song? ? dunno? but I can't wait to get the She & Him Christmas album on vinyl.



22. What is your favorite Christmas song? The one Zoey sings in Elf (ps i watch that movie every year too!), "Baby It's Cold Outside."
Yay for Christmas! I'm talking with the husband right now about what to get him for Christmas.

No comments: