Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thrift Store Cowboys 10 Year Anniversary Show


One of Lubbock's most longstanding rock bands, Thrift Store Cowboys, will celebrate their 10th year playing under that name this Saturday at Jake's Backroom. The band will be going into the studio next spring to begin work on their fourth full-length album, but in the meantime, you can pick up a copy of the 7" vinyl split with One Wolf from earlier this year, or check them out on Myspace.

So if you happen to live in the Lubbock area, this is a show that will make you want to hire a babysitter and head out to. It's a celebration of not only the band's career, but more broadly of the Lubbock music scene and it's persistent presence over the decades. Check back here in 2019 for details on the 20-year celebration. (This info is from Windfarm Records).

This is the cover of the split vinyl.


This is a photo from the recent West Coast tour in September.



(Photo by Logan Caldbeck)

This is an old photo way before I met Clinton P. Miller (he's on the far right, and very beardy. ps I love him!)

I can't wait for the show on Saturday! I get to make cupcakes, and I'm using cute toppers that can be found here. They are perfect for the occasion!

I met Clint at a TSC show, through my friend Brooke who used to date the drummer, Tugboat, when they were in college. We were introduced and here we are today, the happiest people ever! I always tell everyone that the only reason I talked to Clint was because he had the prettiest red bass guitar. And being a bass player fell in love first with the guitar, and then him....lol...

No comments: