Friday, March 4, 2011

Emo-ing Out

February has come and gone.
I'm pretty sure I was a zombie during that month.
Sometimes things don't go the way you planned.
Reminding you that having expectations sometimes set you up for major disappointment.
Sometimes life is suffocating.
Sometimes you just miss the little things, like getting to wear your favorite ripped jeans.

I realized that worrying and stressing over things I can't control won't change anything.
I got tired of not being able to express myself. Being so stifled was wearing me out.
I realized I have more respect for myself and others than most of the people I recently encountered.
I realized that corporate america is a bitch, and they don't care as long as they make money.
So I got frustrated and angry, then decided to move on.

Even through the uncertainty of what comes next, I know I will be happier knowing I did what was best for me.
I drowned my sorrows in Oreos. Tomorrow is a new day, and I plan to enjoy it!
So I plan to do the usual life is in chaos routine: get a coffee, grab a cupcake, dye my hair, buy something cute, watch some anime, get a pedicure, hang with friends, listen to my angry music, clean out my closet, and get on with a life that is fulfilling for me and not the rest of the world.

No comments: