Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Old Ideas finally painted

I finally got around to finishing up and starting a few old ideas that I had. I really didn't want to because I'm trying to get away from my old style, because I feel like I'm in a rut and everyone else seems to be doing the same thing, and well I've been doing the same stuff for a while and it's boring. But, I figured if I get it out of my head new ideas will come that are better. So I'm trudging along. Does anyone else feel that everyone is pretty much doing the same thing? I feel like I'm trying so hard to get away from it, that nothing comes out...

This first painting is called 'Head in the Clouds' because everyone feels that way sometimes. I experimented with a wash in the background, and I think I shoud've gone darker. I was also trying out new eyes....lol


I love this painting, I had sketched it a long time ago and never got around to painting it. I like the little flat canvas, they're easier to scan. The lyrics are from The Weepies. The song is called 'Slow Pony Home'. This painting is called 'suitcase heart' I plan to make prints soon and sell on my etsy.

What do you think is a reasonable cost for a print? I feel that some people are getting outrageous with their pricing. I am hoping to keep my prices low in my etsy store, because when I look at other peoples stores and its heavily over prices I always think to myself 'why would i pay all that money when i can make it myself?' Does anyone else feel this way?

1 comment:

Dez Schwartz said...

I agree with you. I think you can charge whatever crazy price you want for the original, but for the print it shouldn't be that much. It should just be based on the size of the print. I personally never pay more than $12.00 for an 8"x10" print. Unless you state from the beginning that you're only going make like 25 prints and that's it, then you could charge more. But if it's endless prints then you should not overcharge people.