Sunday, August 2, 2009

Carnivale Ladies

So last night as I was sketching in my art journal, and I sketched a little sketch and decided it should be a painting and now I have 2. 

I haven't painted in a while because of some very mean negative feedback, but encouragement from my mom, BF, and BFF have helped me move on and here we are today.  I have felt 10x's happier just by expressing myself. 

This new line I am calling Carnivale Ladies...they are crazy, kinda creepy, and sorta cute. 

This first one is actually a surprise gift for KimiStarr...she should be receiving it in the mail soon!  Clearly I am loving glitter glue right now, and she loves stars so it was the perfect combo.


This one I named Amelia, and she's not completely done. There is still some detail work and background stuff to do. I used different techniques and a lot less planning was involved than my earlier works. I think this one is sort of a reflection of me right now....

Please tell me what you think, and what you would like to see painted. What are you working on right now?

No comments: