Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miles to go, but its an exciting ride

Today I got a call for an interview for a middle school art teacher position. This is my very first teaching interview and I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I figure you have to start somewhere, right? I've read a ton about how to have an awesome interview, but I'm sure I'll forget all the things I read. I figure if I go in and be myself that's the best I can do. I understand I still have a long way to go, but this interview has made my day.
I am super excited about teaching art! I am crossing my fingers and kissing my elbow that I rock it tomorrow and I get this job. If so, I am going to make this poster to go in my room...

I came home and worked hard on getting together my portfolio. Here are a few of my older pieces that I no longer own :( I have a bad habit of just giving my art away.

This is a watercolor study on Vango.
This is a pointilism study mixing Lisa Loeb with Velma from Scooby Doo.

PS The last 2 images belong to me, so please do not use without permission! Thanks!

Wish ME Luck!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

good luck on ur interview :)

Brooke Ann Dove said...

Good Luck, you'll do great!