Monday, November 1, 2010

Today I...did something life changing

Today I quit my job, and decided to actually do what I want with my life, career wise. I've been working at jobs just for the paycheck, not because I enjoy it. I thought this new job would be awesome...awesome pay, better hours, the list goes on...but it was all a lie. All the money in the world isn't worth the stress and negative environment I was in.

So I am looking into finishing up my school stuff, getting a teaching job, possibly subbing, and working somewhere part time. Getting back to me and away from the feeling that I need to be making more money.

Another thing I plan to get back in to is my art and crafty stuff. I haven't done an art show in a couple years now b/c of my job. I gave it up b/c there was never enough time. I used to have an etsy store and shut that down. So perhaps soon, I will re-open or do an art show. Now I have all the time I need to focus on the things in life that make me happy.

I know it will be difficult, and some lifestyle changes will need to be made (can we say bye bye Starbucks?!) but things have a way of working out in the end and I believe that. I have to trust that I set myself on the right path. So I am letting go of all the stress and anger, and I'm ready to start living for myself and enjoy the journey.

What are you doing with your life?

5 comments:

Dez Schwartz said...

I'm very happy for you, Shawna! I know this was probably a tough decision to make. Money can be pretty persuasive. But no one should settle for negativity. As long as you feel your going down a positive path, then you're doing the right thing!

Good luck on your journey! :)

Brooke Ann Dove said...

Yeah! You are so brave! I know you will be happier once you are immersed in your artsy goodness.

Anonymous said...

You will be amazing!
Subbing wasn't bad, and it gets hour foot in the door. I recommend, if you start subbing, when your shift is over ask the secretaries if anything else needs done. I used to stay and help in the library or do playground duty or what not. And talk with principals when you can, get them to see you there and then they will want to keep you! Good luck!

And if you get cabin- fever, you could volunteer, I am not sure, but there might be volunteer painting, or you could lead an arts and craft day at a hospital, or something naturey. It gets you out of the house and leaves you feeling good about yourself!
--Debra Belle

Jessica said...

OOOOO! OMG i just read this! THAT IS AWESOME!!! stick it to the man! haha i bet you feel great! you shouldn't ever have to worry about that crap!
EVERYTHING ALWAYS WORKS OUT! just let things take their course!
YAY ART!! WHOOP WHOOP!
If you open up ur etsy again ill buy something with my first paycheck! haha

Holly Knitlightly said...

This is SUCH exciting news! Congratulations on taking this huge step towards awesome new things. You're going to do awesome with whatever you do! Doing more art sounds so exciting and perfect for you. I'm excited to get to read about everything you're going to be doing in the very near future on your blog! So many awesome things are going to happen. Can't wait! :) Best of luck!